Are you looking for hands-on work experience in Australia? If this is the case, the 407-training visa (Subclass 407) may be ideal for you.
This visa allows you to come to Australia to participate in workplace-based training or professional development. As someone who has migrated to and lived in Australia for the past several years and someone who works with licensed immigration lawyers through Immigration Portal, I will walk you through the application and approval process. This includes the requirements and what to expect once you arrive in Australia.
Let us begin your journey toward gaining valuable work experience.
What Is a 407 Visa?
A 407 visa is a short-term training visa that allows you to participate in a work training program in Australia.
The 407 visa will assist you in developing your skills by allowing you to take a series of courses related to your current profession, area of expertise, or a higher field of study.
Do not mistake this visa for a temporary activity visa or an entrepreneur visa. They are different.
407 Training Visa Requirement
The following documents are necessary to get a training visa in Australia.
- You must present a copy of your invitation letter if an Australian Commonwealth Government institution is your sponsor.
- You must provide current documents like a national ID card, birth certificate, marriage certificate, driver’s license, adoption paper, divorce certificate, fingerprints, and photographs.
- You must provide a letter from your current boss describing your duties and position.
- You must submit a copy of your qualifications as well as your resume.
- When applying for a training visa in Australia, you must present a receipt proving that you submitted your nomination form, sponsorship application, and a written commitment from your sponsor that they will take care of you and any family members you listed on your application.
- You must present either a letter from your bank or a contract from your job describing your financial situation. You must also show a letter of support from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade if you receive AusAid or are a supported student. The purpose of a financial document is to show that you have enough money to support yourself and any family members who may accompany you.
How to Apply for Visa 407 Australia
In my experience, applying for a 407 Training Visa (Subclass 407) in Australia is similar to filling out a job application form. When applying, ensure that you have all the necessary documents ready before beginning the application process.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started:
Step 1: Gather all necessary documents. This includes the items mentioned previously. I implore you to have all the required documents ready before beginning the application process.
Step 2: Fill out the online application form.
Step 3: Pay the visa 407 Australia application fee. The fee will be determined by the length of your stay in Australia and whether you apply online or in person.
Step 4: Await the decision. You’ll have to wait for a decision after you’ve submitted your application. They will notify you whether or not your application was successful.
Step 5: Get ready for your trip. If your application is accepted, you will need to plan your trip to Australia.
Step 6: Attend the visa interview. You may be contacted for an interview to confirm the information provided. Don’t worry, the interview will not be too difficult for you. Also, I’ve seen people that were able to apply for a visa without the interview process.
Step 7: Apply for a visa. You will be issued a visa once you have completed all the steps.
Australian Training Visa Application Checklist
If my time as the CEO of an immigration portal has taught me anything. It is that applying for a Training Visa in Australia can be overwhelming. But I’ll make it simple for you.
Consider it a checklist of things you’ll need before going on a trip.
- Passport: Make sure your passport is valid for at least 6 months after you plan to leave Australia.
- Employment or training agreement: This is a proof that you have an agreement with an Australian employer or training organization.
- Qualifications or skills: This is to demonstrate your qualifications or skills.
- Police clearance certificate: This is to demonstrate that you have no criminal history.
- Medical examination certificate: You will be required to have a medical examination and provide a certificate proving your good health.
- English language proficiency: You must demonstrate that you have a good command of the English language. This can be accomplished by taking an English language test and reporting the results.
- Application fee: You must pay an application fee to apply for the visa. The fee will be determined by the length of your stay in Australia and whether you apply online or in person.
- Documents: You may be asked to provide additional documentation like your birth certificate, proof of your relationship with your family, and a sponsorship letter.
Before you begin the application, double-check the list and gather all the required documents.
Subclass 407 Visa Interview Tips
When applying for a Training Visa Australia, you may be required to attend an interview. Allow me to guide you through the process, bringing my experience as someone who has conducted numerous interviews.
- Dress appropriately for your interview. Dress in clothing that conveys respect and professionalism.
- Learn everything you can about your sponsors. This will give you a good idea of the types of questions to expect and an opportunity to ask questions about the organization that is paying for your trip.
- When responding, be truthful and direct. I’ve had the opportunity to work with large corporations and see how most people fail in this area. They are looking for perfection. They ask these questions to help them process your application more quickly.
- Prepare to talk about your financial plans and how you intend to support yourself.
- Ask for clarification if you don’t understand a question. Practicing answers to common interview questions will help you prepare for the real thing.
- Know where the interview will be held and be on time. This will make you feel more relaxed and ready to go when called upon.
- Bring all required documents to the interview center in a neatly organized folder.
Training Visa 407 – Cost & Processing Time
The complexity of your application, your situation, and the number of applicants determine the length and cost of obtaining a training visa in Australia.
A subclass 407 visa can take anywhere between 5 weeks and a year to obtain.
The cost of a subclass 407 visa is AUD 325. Regardless of the outcome, you must pay the fee when you submit your application. Know that the AUD 325 price is only for you. If family accompanies you, you must pay for them separately.
Note that the actual time and cost of obtaining a 407 visa for your application may differ, and the price quoted previously was only an estimate.
Reasons for 407 Visa Rejection
The Australian government may refuse you a 407 Training Visa for more than one reason.
The most common reasons for visa rejection I have seen as an immigrant who has represented immigration lawyers are:
- The appearance of a work visa application: If the government believes that the suggested training application is bogus and exists solely to provide a low-cost alternative to a TSS visa, your 407 visas may be denied.
- Training plan flaw: The case officer only needs to look at one part of your training plan. If even one of the items on the checklist is missing, the case officer may reject your application.
- Financial requirements: Your training visa application will be denied if you do not provide sufficient proof, like pay slips or a bank statement, to back up your financial plan.
- Failure to comply with an immigration request: Failure to respond to an immigration request for additional information after submitting your 407 Visa application is enough to have your visa to Australia rejected.
- Health concerns: You must follow the Australian government’s health regulations. If you want your visa to be approved, you cannot have any health problems. Your application may be denied if you have a medical condition that would place a strain on Australia’s healthcare system.
- Character requirements: You must demonstrate that you have high moral standards to live in Australia. Your training visa 407 application will be denied if you have a criminal record or have done something that could endanger the Australian community.
- There aren’t enough reasons to return to your country: If you don’t own a home, have a job, or have a loved one waiting for you, you’re unlikely to want to return home. In such cases, your visa would be denied.
Importance of Training Visa in Australia
A training visa in Australia is important because it allows people from other countries to come to Australia to learn new skills or further their education in a particular field.
It is also important for Australia because it allows businesses and organizations in the country to hire people with specialized skills. This has the potential to boost the economy and make Australia a more competitive place to work.
Training visas can be a fantastic opportunity for both the individuals who come to Australia to learn and the country as a whole. It has the potential to improve people’s lives and careers, as well as make Australia a more prosperous and innovative place.
Facts and Statistics of Visa subclass 407
Below are some facts and statistics you should know about visa subclass 407.
- You and your family can stay in Australia for two years
- The cost of the visa is from 325 AUD
- You can stay in Australia for two years to receive training and do research.
- The 407 visa Australia processing time for 25% of special program applications takes up to 20 days, 37 days to handle 50%, 84 days to handle 75%, and 12 months to handle 90% of applications.
- With this visa, you can participate in government-sponsored events.
How to Get a 407 Visa in Australia?
You can get your 407 visa in Australia by following the steps below
- Create an ImmiAccount: An ImmiAccount is required to submit online applications. Opening one is simple and free. All you have to do is enter your email address and select a password.
- Submit the Visa application: You can access the training visa application form through your ImmiAccount. You must complete the form with current information about yourself. Sign it, and then send it in when you’re finished.
- Gather the necessary documents: Scanned copies of the originals of the documents you intend to use must be included in your online application. Your papers must be written in English and meet the immigration office’s requirements. Keep a copy of each document and upload the rest to your ImmiAccount.
- Pay the application fee: For your 407 visas in Australia to be processed, you must pay an application fee through your ImmiAccount using PayPal, a credit card, or Union pay.
- Visa Outcome: This is when you receive your visa number, visa conditions, and the start date of your visa. This information will be sent to you in a letter.
407 Training Visa Pros and Cons
The following are the pros of the 407 Training Visa:
- You can apply for another visa when your current visa expires
- You gain a competitive advantage in your industry alongside practical work experience.
- You enjoy paid work-based training for two years.
The following are the cons of the 407 Training Visa:
- You will not get a permanent residency.
- You are limited to the approved occupational training for which the visa was granted.
- You cannot stop taking the nomination for which the visa was granted.
Best Ways to Get 407 Visa
It will be easy to get a 407 Visa if you follow the instructions I outlined above. However, it can even get easier when you seek expert advice.
Use Immigration Portal to ensure that your application for a subclass 407 visa is processed quickly. We provide immigration services in Australia with extensive experience to help you make your application easier and faster.
You can book an appointment with our counselors at our office. We will guide you through the process and help you with the paperwork, ensuring everything is in order before you submit your application. Head to our “about us” page to learn more about us and our services.
No. 407 visa to PR is not possible. If you want to stay after the 407 visas in Australia, you must apply for a Permanent residence visa (subclass 191).
If you want to become a permanent resident, you can read up on how to gain points for your visa application.
You can only work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
If you don’t think a training visa is perfect-fit for you, click here to read an article on other visa subclasses.
Remember that the 407 visa to PR is not possible. It is only valid for the duration of the training program. Furthermore, you will be unable to work on this visa.
You must have sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in Australia. Consult with a migration agent or lawyer for more information and help with the visa application procedure.
1 thought on “How to Get a 407 Training Visa (Subclass 407) in Australia”